I'm here!!!!

Tell us a bit about yourself and how you use the Tempest sites!
FourtyCaliber

I'm here!!!!

Post by FourtyCaliber » Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Where else would I go? All of the other options for searching Craigslist has dried up. I used to use a program for searching Craigslist's multiple cities all at once, then Craigslist made changes, and the program's creator said they had to discontinue service because Craigslist's lawyers had threatened to sue them. One by one they all went away. And you thought Google was evil? Well, I still do, but that's another topic.

Anyways, I search Craigslist for a lot of items. Mostly vintage electronics like tube amplifiers, receivers, old solid state stuff, etc. How far I'm willing to travel for something entirely depends on what the item is. THIS IS SOMETHING CRAIGSLIST JUST DOESN'T SEEM TO UNDERSTAND! I usually search all of the states that surround my state of Ohio. I also search for vintage Honda ATC 3 wheelers. I have traveled about 300 miles to pick up one I found on Craigslist. If it's a rare, valuable, item and a good deal, it's worth it to travel farther. For piddly stuff that is low cost and low value, of course it isn't worth it to travel far. I don't even understand Craigslist's thinking about this idea to "keep things local." That's BS. You'd be searching for a year or more if you followed that philosophy because everything isn't for sale everywhere. Some things are just more predominant in certain areas. Also, maybe I'm taking a trip or vacation somewhere. Why wouldn't I want to search for items I may be interested in along my way of travel? Again, Craigslist is just in the dark. Their thinking is archaic. Their model is tired. Need I go on?

Anyways, I'm here!!