Partial Keywords

Tips on writing ads, searching, dealing with buyers/sellers, ...
Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Partial Keywords

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sat Jun 21, 2008 8:51 pm

Just discovered this one. It works in craigshelper, or directly in craigslist.

If you only want to specify the beginning of a word, you can do so with *. This is often helpful in catching both singular and plural forms for example.

Say you wanted to search for computer game and computer games. Because mixed AND and OR searches are not allowed by craigslist, you would normally have to perform two searches. Instead, search for

computer game*

and you'll get both.

:mrgreen:

NitroTrike

Re: Partial Keywords

Post by NitroTrike » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:44 pm

Thanks Nathan. I was unaware that craigslist let you use wildcards. It's pretty annoying when you have to search 15 cities twice just to add an "s" to the end. Your site make this MUCH easier, and I am glad I found it! Good work!

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Partial Keywords

Post by Tempest Nathan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:54 pm

NitroTrike wrote:Thanks Nathan. I was unaware that craigslist let you use wildcards. It's pretty annoying when you have to search 15 cities twice just to add an "s" to the end. Your site make this MUCH easier, and I am glad I found it! Good work!
Is it working again? A couple months ago somebody at craigslist broke that option with they were working on 'improving' their search.

:( Ya, just double-checked and it does appear to still be broken.

That said, there's still a way to do what you want. Say you're looking for.. I don't know, golf clubs:

golf club|clubs

That'll do it for you in one search. Just remember to click 'Advanced' in the Searchtempest keywords section.
See the help page for more details!