Help on Flagging

Tips on writing ads, searching, dealing with buyers/sellers, ...
Faust

Help on Flagging

Post by Faust » Sun May 04, 2008 6:04 pm

I frequently run a "Wanted" ad in auto parts. This is usually flagged within 15 minutes. Since there are plenty of wanted ads in that section, I assume it is my competition. Is there anyway to prevent this?

Craig's Helper Steve

Re: Help on Flagging

Post by Craig's Helper Steve » Mon May 05, 2008 3:33 pm

Faust,

I list a lot of things and usually don't get flagged unless I'm doing something wrong. It very well may be the competitors but it also may be something having to do with how you are posting. Can you include an example on one of your postings? I'll take a look at it and let you know if I notice anything that may be causing the problem.

Faust

Post by Faust » Tue May 06, 2008 4:58 am

Here is a sample of my ad. Interestingly, when I try to post it now, the List sends me a confirmation with a link to "view" my ad. the link works, but the ad never actually shows up on the list anywhere that I can find it. I know there is a "wanted" section, but "Wanted" ads are common in the auto parts section. My ad is flagged so rapidly, and so consistently, that I suspect a competitor. "Vintage Hot Rod" stuff is very "hot" just now.

WANTED Vintage Hot Rod and Speed Equipment
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: sale-646155995@craigslist.org
Date: 2008-04-17, 5:05PM EDT

Looking for older hot rod equipment, 4, 6, 8 cylinder. Older Olds, Caddy, Buick "Nailhead", Ford Flathead and Y-block, early Chevy SBC. Intake Manifolds, heads, etc. American preferred, foreign OK.

soobcrazy

Post by soobcrazy » Thu May 15, 2008 11:04 am

That post looks just fine to me. Some might consider it keyword heavy at a quick glance, but that is up to the beholder. What section are you posting in? Posting a wanted ad in the For Sale section, for example, is a no-no.

Gramps

Post by Gramps » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:22 pm

Hello Fwellow Craiog's Helpeer Forum Members,

I am fairly new at selling some of my personal items on Craig's List.

I am curious... how does one know that an ad (a posting) has been "flagged"?

Also, I received an extremely critical comment about a a vehicle that I am selling. If possible (and if even worth the time), how does one prevent receipt of these types of messages? I did not respond to the critical message sender, primarily because I did not want the send subsequently have him/her "flag" my advertisement but also because I thought it might be a "spammer" seeking active and personal e-mail addresses.

Any suggestions or ideas will be welcome.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Gramps