Craigslist does not shoe the ad I just posted

Archived. To ask for help, please use our new help center.
Rorschach

Craigslist does not shoe the ad I just posted

Post by Rorschach » Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:43 pm

I deleted, and later relisted an item on CL, but Searchtempest only shows my deleted posting. If I search Craigslist directly, my ad is there. Searchtempest is the only nationwide Craigslist search I know, but I suspect the same thing happens on any other search tools.
Thanks in advance if you have the quick solution to this. I am trying to avoid Ebay.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Craigslist does not shoe the ad I just posted

Post by Tempest Nathan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:31 am

Rorschach wrote:I deleted, and later relisted an item on CL, but Searchtempest only shows my deleted posting. If I search Craigslist directly, my ad is there. Searchtempest is the only nationwide Craigslist search I know, but I suspect the same thing happens on any other search tools.
Thanks in advance if you have the quick solution to this. I am trying to avoid Ebay.
Searchtempest search results come directly from craigslist, so usually when there's a discrepancy it's due to an overlooked difference in the queries.. regardless though, if you paste here or email me links to the old and new ads, and the searchtempest and craigslist results pages that show the different results, I should be able to fix any problem that's there, or tell you why the results are different.

boonechev

Re: Craigslist does not show the ad I just posted

Post by boonechev » Tue May 18, 2010 12:58 pm

Nathan,

Here's an ad that isn't listing on ST... http://rochester.craigslist.org/bab/1741552314.html

Thanks!

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Wed May 19, 2010 3:24 am

boonechev wrote:Nathan,

Here's an ad that isn't listing on ST... http://rochester.craigslist.org/bab/1741552314.html

Thanks!
Shows up for me. See this search for example: http://www.searchtempest.com/results.ph ... pe=stacked

Depending on the keywords you chose, it may not show up in the google-powered 'single list' format. That format relies on the google index, which while good is not perfect. Sometimes ads take a while to show up, and occasionally they don't show up at all. Unfortunately this is google's problem, so there isn't much I can do about it. Results for the standard mode come straight from craigslist, so if they show up there, they show up at Searchtempest.

Was that the issue? If not, I'm guessing it's something simple like a typo in the keywords.

boonechev

Post by boonechev » Wed May 19, 2010 5:09 am

That was it! The CL post doesn't show when using the single list option. It does show in the standard mode.

Thanks for clarifying.