Before you post though, there's a pretty good chance your question will be covered in the SearchTempest FAQ, so take a look there first.
If you can't find your answer there, or by searching these forums, here are some tips to help me help you
- First off, please confirm that you've checked the FAQ, particularly that you've already tried these troubleshooting steps. That will save time since I won't have to start by asking whether you've done those.
- Try to be as specific as possible describing the problem. Pretend I've never used the site before and describe in detail exactly what happens. Different people tend to use different names for things, so this will help me understand what's going on. If there's an error message, please quote exactly what it says.
- Include the URL of your results page. (ie http://www.searchtempest.com/results.php?...) If you don't want to post your search on the forum, you can either email it to me, or even better, do a test search of some kind to demonstrate the problem, which you don't mind sharing. (That way others can benefit too.)
- If you can, including a screenshot would be awesome. To take a screenshot in Windows, run your search, then with the SearchTempest window open, press the Print Screen (PrtScrn) key on your keyboard. Then, open MS Paint (Start/Accessories/Paint), and go to edit/paste. Go to file/save, set the type to 'jpg' or 'png', and save the file somewhere you can find it (like the desktop). Then when you post, click the 'Add attachment' tab below the post entry window to add it. (Or, email it to me if you'd rather not post to the forum.)
- Please include what web browser and OS you're using. For example, Windows 7 SP1, Firefox 12.0.