Direct Results not worked for last 4 days?

Archived. To ask for help, please use our new help center.
Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Direct Results not worked for last 4 days?

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:54 pm

OK, so it works in an incognito window, but not in a regular window. You clicked the reset link and it still doesn't work. Just to make sure - when you clicked that link, did it clear out your saved search so you had to enter it again? It should have.

Assuming so, what that leaves is a browser extension. So, the next thing to do is open the Chrome settings (I assume you're using Google Chrome since you mentioned Incognito mode), and click Extensions on the top left. Then uncheck the 'enabled' box for every extension in the list. Close and re-open the browser, then try Direct Results again. If it works, we know an extension caused the problem. Then you can open them up again and enable them one by one until it breaks again, to determine which was the problem.

Please let me know what you find!

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:25 pm

Actually, we found that some ad blockers were interfering with the switch. Were you using an ad blocker? And is it working now? We just released a workaround.

moravia

Post by moravia » Thu Jan 12, 2017 10:09 pm

I am having the same problem - direct results have not worked for several days. I have tried multiple browsers, none work. I reset cookies. I have tried both in icognito and regular mode. I also don't have an ad blocker. When I click on the direct results button nothing happens. It used to give the list of city areas.

In my javascript console I am getting the following error when I click on the direct results button "ReferenceError: googletag is not defined"

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:02 pm

Thank you for posting the javascript error. Can you give it another try now?

coachgeo

Post by coachgeo » Fri Jan 13, 2017 1:36 pm

Sorry for delay. I gave up for a few days.

Yes it now works

Gypsyman

Post by Gypsyman » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:34 pm

I've been having the same problem but the "clear SearchTempest cookies" link fixes it for a time. Any idea what could be causing this?

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:51 pm

Gypsyman wrote:I've been having the same problem but the "clear SearchTempest cookies" link fixes it for a time. Any idea what could be causing this?
The original issue was that the person couldn't switch to Direct Results view. Is that what's happening to you as well? Direct Results is the default, so when you clear cookies, you should already be on it; you shouldn't have to switch. Can you describe exactly what issue you're having?

Gypsyman

Post by Gypsyman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:10 pm

What I have run into for the last week is that when you go from the search page to the results page it loads and then everything stops cold. No response from anything. The spinning wheel of death in the address bar runs almost constantly like it's still loading the page but the page/result are already visible. Just can't do anything because nothing on the page responds to clicks.

All other pages work fine in IE while this is happening. Yesterday the "clear cookies" link you posted worked. Today that doesn't even work.

Richard

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:25 pm

Gypsyman wrote:What I have run into for the last week is that when you go from the search page to the results page it loads and then everything stops cold. No response from anything. The spinning wheel of death in the address bar runs almost constantly like it's still loading the page but the page/result are already visible. Just can't do anything because nothing on the page responds to clicks.

All other pages work fine in IE while this is happening. Yesterday the "clear cookies" link you posted worked. Today that doesn't even work.

Richard
It sounds like IE itself is locking up for some reason. First of all, let's confirm that you're on the most recent version. If you're running Windows 10, that would be the Microsoft Edge browser. Or if you're on an earlier version of windows, the most recent IE is IE 11. Here's a quick way to check if your browser is up to date: https://www.whatismybrowser.com/

Gypsyman

Post by Gypsyman » Thu Feb 16, 2017 8:10 pm

Windows 7 and IE 10. Has always worked great until last week. I have no idea what changed but all sites other than SearchTempest run just fine still.

BTW, is it possible to subscribe to a thread in this forum?