blank screen in Direct Mode

Having trouble? Something not working as it should? Look here.
scott_eave

blank screen in Direct Mode

Post by scott_eave » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:16 pm

frequently......as I scroll thru cities in Direct Mode......I get a 'blank screen'.....no info at all. no matter how many more cities you scroll thru....nothing.

you can't refresh in Direct Mode.....so you have to go all the way back to the original search page.....and start all over again.

is it just me....or instead of SearchTempest getting better with time and development......or do others find you have to find more and more work-arounds or other methods for successful searching ?

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: blank screen in Direct Mode

Post by Tempest Nathan » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:44 pm

You should be able to refresh the Direct Results index window, which will also re-open the main window. As to why it is coming up blank, I'm not sure. I haven't heard of anyone else having that issue. That window is opened directly from Craigslist, with which we have no affiliation, so I would only be guessing as to why it doesn't load sometimes. Perhaps they have added a limit to how many pages can be opened from the same IP address in a short period of time, or something along those lines...

scott_eave

Post by scott_eave » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:57 pm

how do you refresh the index page....?

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:14 am

scott_eave wrote:how do you refresh the index page....?
It would depend on your browser, but F5 is the refresh key in most browsers. Or many will allow you to right-click and go to 'refresh'.

It's strange that the pages are sometimes failing to load though. You may want to go through this list of browser troubleshooting steps we've put together. It's possible something here will clear the problem up for you: http://support.searchtempest.com/#noload

I hope that helps! If anyone else is having this same problem, please let us know. If it's not an isolated incident, we might be able to track down what you have in common.