Buggy page skips related to ebay/amazon feeds

Archived. To ask for help, please use our new help center.
mikus

Buggy page skips related to ebay/amazon feeds

Post by mikus » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:53 am

Hi guys

Recently (late last week) I notice a behavior where if I close the amazon & ebay feeds at page bottom, I also lose my page links (the NEXT 1 2 3 stuff)

Then, if I use the same page links up top, the site will open a new tab showing full search page, restart my search and hang up on said searches.

I'm getting by fine by not closing the bottom feeds but thought I'd mention. Feel free to reach out if I can help. Browser is CHROME, I did clear my history to no impact, I have repeated the sequence a few times.

Tempest Matt

Re: Buggy page skips related to ebay/amazon feeds

Post by Tempest Matt » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:53 pm

Thanks for letting us know and for your detailed description mikus. I’ve replicated the behaviour you’ve described. Indeed a bug, as you have suggested. We’re working on a fix now - I’ll update you here once it’s ready!

Tempest Matt

Post by Tempest Matt » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:49 am

We've released a fix for this, so you should be able to close the eBay and Amazon results again without any of the behaviour you discovered earlier.

Thanks again for alerting us!

usernamexxx

Post by usernamexxx » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:33 am

Ever since you released this fix, my feed has been acting up. SearchTempest is the ONLY feed that I subscribe to. I watch for new Craigslist ads, each day I may only get a handful with my keywords, perhaps 5-10 hits per day. With that said, since your 'fix', I'm now getting over 1000. Rather than view all of them, I simply mark all as read. Less than 1 minute later, I get a new notice of over 1000 new posts. No matter what I do, the results are a mess - not only new posts, but posts from months ago or days ago mixed in. Can you roll back this fix and see if that was the problem ?

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:08 am

Unfortunately this fix would not have any effect on your RSS feeds. In fact, once you import the OPML file into your RSS reader, searchtempest is out of the picture entirely. Your reader then downloads the feeds directly from craigslist and ebay. Craigslist's feeds have been known to act up on many occasions in the past though, and generally they come back around before too long.