"Combined" Search Results seems to have limited results?

Archived. To ask for help, please use our new help center.
Pockr001

"Combined" Search Results seems to have limited results?

Post by Pockr001 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:11 pm

Seems like the "Combined" Search Results option has a small amount of craigslist ads in it for keyword searches? Almost like some states only show one city with a huge results section while the neighboring cities show nothing. When I search regular craigslist I usually see several results in every city. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? What am I doing wrong?

- Jake

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: "Combined" Search Results seems to have limited results?

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:24 pm

Hi Jake,

The Combined results mode is powered by either Google or Yahoo, depending on what search order you choose. The single list "best match" sort is Yahoo, the rest Google.

We have found the Yahoo results to be somewhat lacking recently, so first off, if you're using Best Match sort, I would suggest changing that - probably to "Distance".

If you're already using one of the Google-powered sorts, it is still possible for results to be missing, but it should be that many. Did you by any chance enter a date limit in the "Within last # days" box? That doesn't affect the Direct mode, so might explain your limited results. Beyond that, there are some more possibilities here: http://www.searchtempest.com/help/general#missing

If you're running a particularly complicated search there might be a problem with your keywords. Feel free to paste the link to your results page here, or email it to us and I'll see there's anything about your specific search that might be causing problems.