Blogtottr not working

Archived. To ask for help, please use our new help center.
WickedAwesomeRob

Blogtottr not working

Post by WickedAwesomeRob » Mon Nov 03, 2014 12:40 pm

Hi,

A couple of days ago I stopped receiving push emails from Blogtrottr that I had set up through SearchTempest to search a ton of different Craigslist searches. I've had these same searches set up for months and never had an issue, but now they've all of the sudden stopped working. When I checked my Blogtrottr account today under "Schedule" it now says "Hourly poll (PuSH unavailable)." I have not changed any settings on my computer, browser, or moved any of my search files. My assumption is that Craigslist has blocked Blogtrottr, so if that's the case can someone please recommend a way to get my Push notifications working again?

Thanks!

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Blogtottr not working

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:00 pm

Unfortunately it looks like your assumption is correct: http://blog.blogtrottr.com/2014/09/blog ... slist.html

I am not aware of an alternative free service, although FeedMyInbox may work for you if you're willing to pay $10/month: https://www.feedmyinbox.com/

Alternatively you could just use an RSS reader like Feedly, although they have been having problems accessing Craigslist feeds on and off as well.

WickedAwesomeRob

Post by WickedAwesomeRob » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:07 pm

Nathan,

Thanks so much for the quick response. This sucks to see happen. I wish Craigslist wasn't such a poor sport.

Anyways, I'm more than willing to shell out $10 bucks per month for an RSS service that works well. All the money I save finding deals through SearchTempest makes it easily justifiable. So feedmyinbox is your top recommendation? I'll give it a try, no problem.

Thanks a lot and I appreciate the work you do. Makes my life easier.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:14 pm

I haven't used feedmyinbox myself, but it's the one I have most often seen mentioned in terms of sending RSS results to email.

If you're just looking for a paid RSS reader minus the email, Newsblur would be my recommendation. As far as I know they haven't had any problems with craigslist feeds - yet, anyway.