Fairfield County, CT

Archived. To ask for help, please use our new help center.
gduncanson

Fairfield County, CT

Post by gduncanson » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:11 pm

just discovered your product. looks like it'll be be useful for me. I live in Fairfield County, Connecticut and I've tried searching by zip code and by adding regions through the state/city fields. I can't seem to get results for my local area which falls under the metropolitan New York City area. This question was asked once before in the archives as "Search results incomplete" but the solution didn't work for me. Even if I expand my distance to include NYC it doesn't break out the FCT sub-region so I'm seeing results all across nyc. here's what I'm searching:
http://www.searchtempest.com/search?loc ... maxAsk=150

windows 7 sp1, chrome

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Fairfield County, CT

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:59 pm

You're right that for some reason Fairfield County is part of the NYC site. Since searchtempest is all about casting a wide net and searching across multiple cities, we don't focus on narrowing to sub-regions within a city. Unfortunately F. C. is the one case where it might make sense to do so. What you can do is switch to our Direct Results mode. That way you'll be viewing the results right on Craigslist, so you should be able to select Fairfield County under the NYC page.

gduncanson

Post by gduncanson » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:54 am

Thanks for the response, I'll give it a try .

gduncanson

Post by gduncanson » Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:56 am

that's actually pretty cool and works for me.