Direct results window spawns without top tool bar

Archived. To ask for help, please use our new help center.
markwe

Direct results window spawns without top tool bar

Post by markwe » Wed May 28, 2014 8:04 am

This happened with Firefox V29
The cities list opens the results list without the top bar that includes the close button. You can close it by switching to customize mode which gets you a close button. Closing the city list does not close the results list. Really annoying, please fix. 8-)

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Direct results window spawns without top tool bar

Post by Tempest Nathan » Wed May 28, 2014 5:27 pm

Hmm, I just took a look in Firefox 29.0.1, and the titlebar does show up for me, along with the X to close the window. Couple of thoughts. First, is it possible the top of the window is not visible above the top of your monitor? If so, you should be able to move it down by left-clicking on its button in the taskbar, choosing Move, and then pressing the down arrow on your keyboard. (If that was the case, let me know, and especially let me know if it keeps getting stuck up there.)

Otherwise, the most likely culprit is an extension. Try opening Firefox in safe mode: click the menu button (the three lines), then the question mark at the bottom, and choose "Restart with add-ons disabled". Then go back to searchtempest and try opening the windows again. If that fixes the problem, restart again and then try disabling your addons one by one to see which one is causing the problem.

If neither of those helps, please send me a screenshot at nathan at searchtempest.com. Hopefully that'll give me some idea what's going on.