Is there a way to do this??

Archived. To ask for help, please use our new help center.
XXXXXXXX

Is there a way to do this??

Post by XXXXXXXX » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:11 pm

Let say i want to search for acer laptops on ebay... not just acer laptops but acer laptops that have watchers... so in other words check out this search
http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trksid= ... &_from=R40

So the only listings i am interested in are the ones that have people watching them.

Is there a way to set that up in search tempest?

Thanks X

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Is there a way to do this??

Post by Tempest Nathan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:51 pm

No, to be honest I'd never even heard of that search filter before. What you could do is click the "Open results at ebay.com" link at the bottom of the ebay results for your search in SearchTempest, then add any additional refinements you want. (Of course you could also just search ebay manually, but then we wouldn't get a commission... ;) )

How do you even set that option on an eBay search? I couldn't find it in the advanced search options.

XXXXXXXX

Post by XXXXXXXX » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:53 pm

You cant that I know of... trying to figure out how to do it with google search... thought maybe you guys would know.

X

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:57 pm

Oh, I see. We use eBay's API to get the eBay results, so the only options we would be able to support there are the ones they offer. Although I guess if they return # of watchers (not sure if they do) we could filter out unwatched items after the fact. (Neat idea btw. If it's watched, it must be half decent. Although I guess it'll also increase your competition on auction items.) Still, probably too niche a feature for us to put development time into at this point I'm afraid, with so much else to work on. (Like the "app" we get asked for every day!)