RSS feeds not working

Archived. To ask for help, please use our new help center.
XXXXXXXX

RSS feeds not working

Post by XXXXXXXX » Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:50 am

I noticed last night my craigslist rss feeds are not working. I usually get around 400-500 a day. I use search tempest to generate the opml file and then import that file to both feedly and to the old reader. As of today neither the old reader or feedly are showing any results. I am also not getting any ebay results. I usually get around 10-20 searches a day for something i like that is on ebay. That is not showing any results either.

X

phro

Re: RSS feeds not working

Post by phro » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:11 pm

Don't worry you're not the only one

lilralphie

Post by lilralphie » Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:56 pm

The same thing has also happened for me (Feedly). This happened one other time back in September and I believe it was on the craigslist side of things. Hopefully it will sort itself out.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:46 pm

lilralphie wrote:The same thing has also happened for me (Feedly). This happened one other time back in September and I believe it was on the craigslist side of things. Hopefully it will sort itself out.
Yes, I suspect Feedly has hit another craigslist threshold. Although with the report of eBay problems as well, maybe it's a more general Feedly problem. The Old Reader issues are most likely due to people flooding over to try it while Feedly isn't working, overloading their servers too.

XXXXXXXX

Post by XXXXXXXX » Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:44 pm

So is feedly working for anyone?? None of my feeds are showing up for the last 2 weeks..

Also I made some new feed from a direct search... i put those in the old reader... they are not working either... 2 of my older feeds in the old reader are working...but the 2 new ones i did in the last few days are not.

Any clues.

Thanks X

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Fri Jan 31, 2014 2:11 pm

Feedly recently posted an update about this on their blog: http://blog.feedly.com/2014/01/29/updat ... list-feeds

Basically they have hit an automated block from craigslist, and are doing their best to work around it. I assume other readers like The Old Reader are either having similar problems, or are overwhelmed by the extra traffic moving over from feedly with it not working.

XXXXXXXX

Post by XXXXXXXX » Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:09 pm

Any updates on this? My feedly is still not working after weeks...

Thanks X

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:45 pm

I'm not aware of any change. I don't have any 'in' at Feedly though. Just know what I see on their blog. If you rely on the RSS feeds, I would recommend using a different reader for now. I'm not aware of another free one with the features and performance of Feedly, but the $24/year premium version of Newsblur should work well. (And there are plenty of others.)