Page Unrsponsive

Archived. To ask for help, please use our new help center.
wtdash

Page Unrsponsive

Post by wtdash » Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:45 am

Searching on CL and in the last 2 days starting getting the Page(s) unresponsive error every 2-3 minutes. I click 'wait' and it keeps working. Only side effect is I can't scroll up/down using the side bar in the diplayed results. This is using the Direct Results mode in Chrome.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Page Unrsponsive

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sat Jan 18, 2014 2:17 pm

Hmm, that really shouldn't happen. The Direct Results mode uses very few resources. I wonder if it's a new bug on craigslist's end. To start with, please try these troubleshooting steps and let me know if they solve the problem:
http://www.searchtempest.com/faq.php#noload

Thanks!

rothnh

Re: Page Unresponsive

Post by rothnh » Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:40 pm

I am seeing the same..using newest version of Chrome Browser (Win 8.1) and just cleared the cache to address. No change. I am able to search.. I get to the dual screens for direct results (cities location on left window, details of one location on right window).. When I open an ad... everything sort of freezes.. I cannot scroll for example (I can use arrow keys, but not scroll bar on right of window). I can hit the back button, but eventually Chrome crashes.. I am playing with what I can, but nothing seems to work. Steve

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Page Unrsponsive

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:48 pm

Are you using a particularly long keyword string? Craigslist recently started throwing errors for searches with "too many" keywords (whatever they've decided is too many). Maybe that's related. See if things work better with a shorter search.

Unfortunately I'm really guessing here, since essentially all Direct Results does is link to craigslist. Most of what happens is entirely on their end.