RSS still working?

Archived. To ask for help, please use our new help center.
Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: RSS still working?

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:55 am

The RSS export matches your SearchTempest search. In the results page preferences you have the option to turn the ebay results off. If you do, they won't show up in the opml file either. (Or yes, you can also just delete the feed if you don't want it.)

XXXXXXXX

Post by XXXXXXXX » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:54 am

Ok found it .....thanks

428kid

Post by 428kid » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:03 am

Ok so on the 29th I went in a redone all my RSS feed to make a new reader. Worked like it used to.... for one night. No new any thing since the 29th. What is going on here? Every time we get something that half way works, and I say half way, it goes to crap!! Some one out there has got to be smart enough to come up with something we can use that will stay up. The old Google reader worked pretty well, and they killed it. I can go on and on about this as I have used many searches through out craigslist. Nathan are there any thing out there that might work??

Toastly

Post by Toastly » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:37 am

I have been having the same problem with CL > SearchTempest > Feedly feeds . . . nothing for about a week.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:32 pm

Unfortunately the problem here appears to be on craigslist's end, and apparently affects multiple readers, not just feedly. If it is a block based on quantity of feeds, using a less popular or a self-hosted reader might help, but that's just a guess. Otherwise you might be stuck running searches manually for now. At least there's searchtempest for that. ;)

XXXXXXXX

Post by XXXXXXXX » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:56 pm

A self hosted reader? Where or what is that?

Thansks X

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Tue Oct 01, 2013 10:00 pm

A self-hosted reader is a reader that you run on your own server, instead of using one hosted by another company (like Feedly). The two top examples I'm aware of are Tiny Tiny RSS and Feedly.
A simpler option though might be to simply use a different RSS reader. One with less traffic than Feedly might not be blocked. I've heard good things about NewsBlur for example. It's $24 per year if you have more than 64 feeds, but that's not really that much to pay. A free option is "The Old Reader", but apparently it's significantly slower than Feedly or other alternatives. (But it is free.)

Again, I expect that this is simply an oversight and craigslist will eventually get around to removing what was most likely an automated block of Feedly. The only question is when. Still, doesn't hurt to try out the newsblur free version, and if you like it, spring for the full version. Let me know how it goes if you do.

phro

Post by phro » Tue Oct 15, 2013 3:30 am

Just me or is anyone else not getting over half the feeds they used to? Not only that but the ones that do pop are super delayed.

XXXXXXXX

Post by XXXXXXXX » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:13 am

I was at first but now I seem to be back to normal.

X

phro

Post by phro » Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:03 am

Maybe it's just me but it's terrible compared to how it was before. Adds don't pop til after 17hrs+ they've been posted.