RSS still working?

Archived. To ask for help, please use our new help center.
XXXXXXXX

Re: RSS still working?

Post by XXXXXXXX » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:37 pm

All of my rss feeds are done with the direct results mode not google.

X

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:06 am

XXXXXXXX wrote:All of my rss feeds are done with the direct results mode not google.

X
Again, RSS feeds have nothing to do with Google for anyone. It doesn't matter which mode you're in when you generate the OPML file.

phro

Post by phro » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:22 am

feedly broke something. probably did it so people sign up for their PRIORITY SUPPORT

XXXXXXXX

Post by XXXXXXXX » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:22 pm

So today...still nothing in my feedly feeds... so... i did a new search... i went to searchtempest.. i did a search in just my city for the keyword "acer" in the entire for sale section so it covers all sub catagories... i used the direct search mode ( i know that has nothing to do with it) I hit the rss button and exported the opml file... i uploaded it into feedly... i now show some results.. only about 10... but the problem is... they are all ebay results.. no craigslist... what did i do wrong? I followed the same process i have used in the past. I dont see an options to pick CL vs ebay or anything... can you tell me what i did wrong?

Nathan i will email you the opml file i exported.

thanks X

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:26 pm

The problem is definitely between Feedly and craigslist. It sounds like both parties are aware of it and they're working on it:

" Colleen LeMasters 6 hours ago
I have been having the same issue. I saw on Feedly's twitter account that they are aware (https://twitter.com/feedly/status/382...) but apparently it is on Craigslist's end. I emailed Craigslist, got an actual, non-automated response that the team there was looking into it, but so far no luck. I tried The Old Reader as well and it is a nice option but they seem to limit the number of feeds (I think). Maybe if we all email Craigslist, something will get done sooner? "
https://getsatisfaction.com/feedly/topi ... _in_feedly

XXXXXXXX

Post by XXXXXXXX » Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:57 pm

So... i also use "the old reader" I have the same opml imports from searchtempest there as I have in feedly as a back up. So.... opened the old reader and... nothing in the old reader for the last 2 days either. I compared the old reader to feedly and the rss feeds stopped at the exact same time and no new info from them. So i took the "new" rss feed i got from search tempest. The same rss feed that i posted about above. The search i did for "acer". I imported that into my "old reader" account. It also is only giving me ebay results and no craigslist results.

X

XXXXXXXX

Post by XXXXXXXX » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:40 pm

So after doing a little more checking into this... it looks like both feedly and the old reader have feeds from craigslist and ebay. For some reason the CL feed did not ad anything new yesterday so I thought it was just ebay. As of today I have both CL and ebay results from the feed I got from search tempest. I was able to delete the ebay feed so now I should just get CL. The new feed appears to be working but none of my other "old" feeds are doing anything.

X

428kid

Post by 428kid » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:49 am

I still have nothing through my reader to Feedly? Seesm like every time something works just ok, then bang its down!

XXXXXXXX

Post by XXXXXXXX » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:25 am

So... can anyone tell me why when I export a search from search tempest... the rss opml file... why i get both ebay and Craigslist results? i am seeing this both in feedly and "the old reader" ... the ebay listing are pain since i dont want them.

Thanks X

phro

Post by phro » Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:30 am

It's always done that for me XXXX. I just delete the eBay feed