RSS still working?

Archived. To ask for help, please use our new help center.
XXXXXXXX

RSS still working?

Post by XXXXXXXX » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:28 pm

I checked my feedly account this afternoon and i have no new feeds. I get about 400 or so a day. I checked and read them all this morning. So I should have around 200 or so now but..... nothing.

Is this a feedly issue or a searchtempest issue?

Thanks X

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: RSS still working?

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:32 pm

It's either a Feedly or a craigslist issue - most likely Feedly. I've gotten a couple reports of the same thing by email.

All SearchTempest really does is generate a file that tells Feedly (or whatever RSS reader) where to find craigslist and eBay's RSS feeds. We don't actually serve the feeds themselves. So if a problem has developed with existing feeds, it must be on either craigslist or Feedly's end. (One way to test would be whether the eBay feed is also broken. If so, the problem must be with Feedly. If not, it would be on craigslist's end.) If there's a problem with craigslist's feeds I expect that many people have complained about them and they'll be fixed soon. If it's on Feedly's end, it might be more obscure, so you might want to contact their support. Sorry I can't be more help!

428kid

Post by 428kid » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:12 am

I am having the same trouble on my end, no feed, except ebay adds. I can not find how to contact Feedly on there site. Pleases help? Any word on help? Thanks

XXXXXXXX

Post by XXXXXXXX » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:28 pm

Ya me either...nothing today as well... i dont know if this is a Craigslist issue... as in there rss is no longer working or if its a feedly issue

XXXXXXXX

Post by XXXXXXXX » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:30 pm

there is a support tab in feedly in the bottom left corner by the way... i sure hope someone can figure this out..

X

XXXXXXXX

Post by XXXXXXXX » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:34 pm

Dah.... so the "support" tab in feedly is a way to pay them money...lol Anyway... is or does anyone using rss feeds from CL ... are they still showing up for you daily in a reader other than feedly? Or are other feedly users still getting there results. Trying to figure out if this is a CL or Feedly issue.

Thanks X

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:49 pm

Judging from the reply here, in sounds like an issue specifically with Feedly and cl feeds: https://c.getsatisfaction.com/feedly/to ... _in_feedly

That said, I don't know why Feedly would be having a problem with craigslist feeds only. Maybe they tripped some kind of automatic block.

XXXXXXXX

Post by XXXXXXXX » Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:41 pm

feedly support page... http://feedly.uservoice.com/

X

lpotter1

Post by lpotter1 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:59 pm

I have been having the same issue since Monday afternoon. I used to get 200 to 300 hits per day through Feedly, since then I have had zero. As a troubleshooting step, I set up a simple search of my local craigslist only (searched on "chevy" in the "sale/wanted cars and trucks" section) and noted that the "combined results" page gives me about 10 items for today, whereas the "direct results" page gives me closer to 150 items. These are the results right off searchtempest without using my RSS feeds or Feedly. I notice that the combined results page says "powered by Google" in the upper right corner. Could this issue be related to Google's widely reported e-mail meltdown yesterday?

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:02 pm

lpotter1 wrote:I have been having the same issue since Monday afternoon. I used to get 200 to 300 hits per day through Feedly, since then I have had zero. As a troubleshooting step, I set up a simple search of my local craigslist only (searched on "chevy" in the "sale/wanted cars and trucks" section) and noted that the "combined results" page gives me about 10 items for today, whereas the "direct results" page gives me closer to 150 items. These are the results right off searchtempest without using my RSS feeds or Feedly. I notice that the combined results page says "powered by Google" in the upper right corner. Could this issue be related to Google's widely reported e-mail meltdown yesterday?
Direct Results mode on SearchTempest and the RSS feeds both come straight from craigslist. (In the case of Direct Results mode, it goes straight to your browser in a separate window. In the RSS case, it goes straight to your reader, be it Feedly or whatever else.) So Google wouldn't have anything to do with either of those.

As far as I can tell, the Combined Results mode is working properly. It will sometimes show fewer results than the other methods since Google's index isn't perfect, but if it's missing as many as you describe, it's likely something to do with the specific search. My guess was that you set the "Within # days" option is set. That option only affects the Combined Results mode, so maybe you're filtering out older posts there, but not in Direct Results. Other possibilities are here.