New Version FAILS Users Sadly but theres Hope

Having trouble? Something not working as it should? Look here.

Re: New Version FAILS Users Sadly but theres Hope

Postby Tempest Nathan » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:58 pm

bringbackoldsearchtempest wrote:Wow, so it's either you need todays results or get every results ever posted in the last 30 days... that's a hindrance

Can't wait to see any updates in the near future to this current version and really hope Google allows the old searchtempest back this current version while better then nothing is lightyears away from our old experience

I was just thinking about this some more. There is a workaround you could use: in the Direct Results controls, you can set it to sort listings by date (that should be the default). Then, as you view the results page for each area, always click on the first post in the list, even if you're not interested in it. That way, the next time you view those results, that one will show as visited, so you'll know you've already seen everything below it.
Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Postby bringbackoldsearchtempest » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:59 pm

Thanks for the tip I will try this, Happy Holidays!
bringbackoldsearchtempest

Postby jaguar36 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:59 am

Could you add an option to setup a custom area?
jaguar36

Postby Tempest Nathan » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:37 pm

jaguar36 wrote:Could you add an option to setup a custom area?

If you want to control what states and cities are included, you can already do that as part of your search. On the main search page, click 'Search by US State or Region' at the lower left. Then you can pick and choose the states and cities you want to be included in the results. Once there, you can choose to have them grouped by area, state, or city.

If you choose 'area', it will still use our predefined areas, since we have designed them to effectively cover the area of the country. But the areas will only include the cities you selected.

We're also planning to improve this in the future, combining the ability to search by zip code and distance with the ability to toggle individual states and cities on and off. Not quite there yet though.
Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Postby SmugglersBlues » Fri Dec 23, 2016 8:15 pm

I have it searching by region and then grouping by city and that seems to be more like the old version for me anyway. I think I can get used to it. Thanks for all you do.
SmugglersBlues

Postby Tempest Nathan » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:00 am

SmugglersBlues wrote:I have it searching by region and then grouping by city and that seems to be more like the old version for me anyway. I think I can get used to it. Thanks for all you do.

Sounds good. If you like the city grouping you may also want to try the 'Or, open Direct Results in popup windows' option below the regular list of links (if you're on a desktop browser).
Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Postby Bucklear » Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:54 am

Tempest Nathan wrote:
jaguar36 wrote:Could you add an option to setup a custom area?

If you want to control what states and cities are included, you can already do that as part of your search. On the main search page, click 'Search by US State or Region' at the lower left. Then you can pick and choose the states and cities you want to be included in the results. Once there, you can choose to have them grouped by area, state, or city.

If you choose 'area', it will still use our predefined areas, since we have designed them to effectively cover the area of the country. But the areas will only include the cities you selected.

We're also planning to improve this in the future, combining the ability to search by zip code and distance with the ability to toggle individual states and cities on and off. Not quite there yet though.

The zip code search is awesome btw!
Bucklear

Previous

Return to Help with Searchtempest