New Mobile-friendly Homepage Beta Test

Talk about Searchtempest, life, the universe, and everything...
corvairbob

Post by corvairbob » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:52 pm

so why doesn't this go away when you say don't show again. i never goes away. and the one at the top never goes away. so what is the point of having a don't show again box if it just keeps coming back?

Our new homepage is ready for beta testing. Please give it a try and let us know what you think. There's a survey link in the "What's New" section of the beta page.
Note that only the homepage has changed so far. We will be working on the results page as we collect your feedback!
Dismiss Don't show again

or this one
Have 2 minutes to make SearchTempest even better? why even put the check box there is it will not go away. i have seen these here for years.

The most frequent feedback we get from users is requests to make SearchTempest work better on smartphones. We're finally making that happen with a SearchTempest redesign! On top of making it more streamlined and easier to use on phones and tablets, we want to know what else you would like to see in the new design.
To learn more about you, your experiences using SearchTempest, and any ideas you might have to make SearchTempest better, we've put together a short 2 minute survey.
Take our 2-minute survey to make SearchTempest better!
Dismiss Don't show again

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: New Mobile-friendly Homepage Beta Test

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:42 pm

In order to remember your preference to not show again, we need to store a cookie in your browser. (Cookies are basically how websites 'remember' anything.) My guess would be that your browser is set to delete cookies after each session, or something along those lines?