Ebay Motors and Pure Cars searches

Archived. You can get help or offer suggestions about AutoTempest here.
sporty88

Ebay Motors and Pure Cars searches

Post by sporty88 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:41 pm

Hi,

I have been using AutoTempest to search for a couple of different older (classic) cars for a week or so now, and have noticed that when the Ebay Motors results are listed, it invariably displays one entry less than the quoted number of matches; ie. if 3 matches are indicated, only 2 of them will be listed on the page; or if 1 match is indicated, the list will be empty. Performing the same search directly in Ebay Motors displays all of the quoted matches.

Also, the Pure Cars search appears to use a base year of 1990. This is a problem if you are searching for a car that is older than this, as it appears to force the search parameters to use the later year as the first year of the search. Not sure if this is an issue with your search, as I have not tested it directly in Pure Cars.

Regards,

Brad

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Ebay Motors and Pure Cars searches

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:32 pm

THANKS Brad. Looks like those are both issues I need to take care of. Will try to get them fixed by tomorrow.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:56 pm

eBay is now fixed. Purecars seems to be working though - I can't recreate the problem you described. Can you give me a specific example? Thanks again!

sporty88

Post by sporty88 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:29 pm

As an example, perform a search for a 1965 Plymouth Barracuda, you will then be able to see what happens.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:02 am

Ahhh got it. It only failed when a starting year after 1950 was chosen. I was using 1920 so didn't see the problem. Fixed now - thanks again!