AutoTempest (aka HanksHelper) Beta Test

Archived. You can get help or offer suggestions about AutoTempest here.
Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Hank's Helper Beta Test

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:51 pm

Ooooh ok, that's actually expected. It's because when the results are opened inline you're not technically visiting the links, so they're not highlighted automatically. I work around by manually making them purple, but unfortunately there's no way to make the browser remember that.

OldNuc

Post by OldNuc » Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:57 am

Well, as of this early AM, its working again. Who knows why, its a computer. :mrgreen:

Update: Nope. The browser only remembers them if I visit the link directly through Craigslist. Looks like a consistent fail.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:25 am

OldNuc wrote:Update: Nope. The browser only remembers them if I visit the link directly through Craigslist. Looks like a consistent fail.
Searchtempest Nathan wrote:Ooooh ok, that's actually expected. It's because when the results are opened inline you're not technically visiting the links, so they're not highlighted automatically. I work around by manually making them purple, but unfortunately there's no way to make the browser remember that.
If you want them to stay purple next time you go to the page, you can open the ads in new tabs instead (by middle clicking on the links).
Edit: I think I've found a work-around for this! Links should now stay highlighted when revisiting the page.

bcs4

Post by bcs4 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:09 am

Good morning. I've been having trouble for the past 3 weeks. If I search for BMW, any model, from 1970-1980 it pulls every car of every make of that age that is listed. I looked at the language in the search tempest search and it looks like HH is putting in the correct search variables. It has done this on Vista and Win 7 using IE 8. Thanks!

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:04 pm

bcs4 wrote:Good morning. I've been having trouble for the past 3 weeks. If I search for BMW, any model, from 1970-1980 it pulls every car of every make of that age that is listed. I looked at the language in the search tempest search and it looks like HH is putting in the correct search variables. It has done this on Vista and Win 7 using IE 8. Thanks!
Yeppers, that was a bug. Thanks, and fixed!

ppetersen

Post by ppetersen » Fri Jan 15, 2010 2:47 pm

For Mercedes Benz autos . Most people list them as Mercedes or Mercedes Benz vs - " MercedesBenz" as you have it. A lot of Mecedes cars don't show up using Hank's Helper automotive search . Please change it. - Thanks

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:04 pm

ppetersen wrote:For Mercedes Benz autos . Most people list them as Mercedes or Mercedes Benz vs - " MercedesBenz" as you have it. A lot of Mecedes cars don't show up using Hank's Helper automotive search . Please change it. - Thanks
Thanks for pointing that out. I'm out of town until Monday, so I'll get it fixed by then at the latest.
Edit: Aaand done.