All I want for Christmas is...

This is where I keep you updated on the latest and greatest stuff!
tigerdude77

All I want for Christmas is...

Post by tigerdude77 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:37 am

the Enhanced version of Searchtempest back. LOL - hopefully CL will have a change of heart. They have a great product, and the Enhanced ST just makes it extremely useful. Why can't we all just get along. :lol:

m_reich

Re: All I want for Christmas is...

Post by m_reich » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:40 pm

I was hesitant to use Enhanced version at first, but then (after figuring out my problems with java) I loved it.
I still though hope to see it back in 2010...

Nathan, have you considered teaming up with http://Craiglook.com ?
Craiglook has Enhanced Search and picture previews, Search Tempest can search both titles and message body.
It would be great if you could set up a site that could do both.

Image= ??? :-)

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: All I want for Christmas is...

Post by Tempest Nathan » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:52 pm

Ha.. I don't know if I like how their logo's bigger there! But I guess mine comes first so it's cool.

I actually did email the craiglook guy once to see if we could work together, but he never wrote back. Ah well, his loss. :)

Based on my correspondence with craigslist though, I can't see how craiglook will be allowed to keep showing picture previews and such much longer. There's no technical reason why I couldn't do what they're doing, but it's not worth the considerable risk of being shut down.

Hoooowever, Searchtempest is getting (a form of) enhanced search back very soon!