Best Poster Prize!

This is where I keep you updated on the latest and greatest stuff!
Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Best Poster Prize!

Post by Tempest Nathan » Thu May 01, 2008 7:51 pm

Welcome to the brand new CraigsHelper forums! If you look around a bit, I think you'll see some potential here. ;) For forums to work though, they need a certain amount of traffic to get started. So I've decided to pony up the cash to make that happen. Here's the deal:

When these forums reach 1000 posts, I will hold a poll. CraigsHelper users (that'd be you) will vote on who is the best forum poster. Not necessarily the user with the most posts, but the one whose posts are most informative / most entertaining / most fun / most helpful / etc. I will then give that user $100 out of my pocket, just for being great!

That's it. So go ahead and register, and then post something! Even if you don't win the $100, you'll probably learn something about searching Craigslist, or at least read something cool. :D

Cheers,
Nathan

Fel

Re: Best Poster Prize!

Post by Fel » Fri May 02, 2008 3:22 pm

This is a real good idea to get the site moving. Good luck!

p0werstr0ke

Post by p0werstr0ke » Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:23 am

It would be great if the regions/city's that have no listings were not displayed. When I search for something rare in the whole US I usually end up with 100+ pages I need to scroll through even though 90% of the cities have no listings.

Thanks for this service, I love the page!!

Michael

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:52 am

Hi Michael,

I absolutely agree! Uuuunfortunately, it's not possible. First off, it would require scanning craigslist's results by some automated means, which is against their terms of use. Even if I wanted to break their rules though, there are technical measures in place against it - all the info's in the FAQ. Hope that makes sense!

Cheers,
Nathan