Zip/Distance Mode

This is where I keep you updated on the latest and greatest stuff!
Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Zip/Distance Mode

Post by Tempest Nathan » Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:21 pm

kendall wrote:Sorry, wasn't quite as clear as I could have been. The problem is that it defaults to the zip-distance mode, which is what I would like to get away from.
It remembers the last search I did, so doesn't seem to be a cookie issue.

The zip distance search is fine, but I live near lake Michigan, so many results that are a very reasonable 100 miles away straight line, are in reality 800 miles and more in actual round trip driving distance, and that's why I prefer using the old method.

I'll post elsewhere, but this seemed the most relevant place for it.

Ken.
This topic is for comments on the new mode. It should already remember your preferences, including whether you want to search by zip and distance or choose cities manually. If it's not, there's some sort of bug, on our end or yours. Please post the URL of the results page you're getting, over in the help section.. :)

Chet

Post by Chet » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:31 pm

This is a Great feature. I typically search 4 or 5 of the surrounding areas but ofen pass on goods that are located on the outskirts of these areas. This feature should automatically filters out these outskirt areas. Thanks!

earllaue

Post by earllaue » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:27 am

I would like the zip/distance to not show cities or areas which do not have a return.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:47 pm

Chet wrote:This is a Great feature. I typically search 4 or 5 of the surrounding areas but ofen pass on goods that are located on the outskirts of these areas. This feature should automatically filters out these outskirt areas. Thanks!
:D
earllaue wrote:I would like the zip/distance to not show cities or areas which do not have a return.
That, Sir, is a Frequently Asked Question!
(said in a John Cleese French accent..)

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 19, 2008 10:12 am

I would like to thank you for this excellent improvement to your already great website. It is incredibly easy to use, very quick and very flexible in it's search criteria. My congratulations and I'm spreading the word to all on this website and it's ease of use.

Keep up the great work!!!!! :D

Niki

Post by Niki » Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:55 pm

Bravo!!! This is great. I love the Zip/Distance mode. I saw nothing out of line. It worked well. I'm on board! Thanks. Keep it up.

Oh, I would suggest one thing. If the search is a given area yeilds no results, maybe best, or at least optional, to not have that area come up at all. I had plenty of simply blank frames. Even so, I'm excited to see this develpment.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:37 pm

Niki wrote:Bravo!!! This is great. I love the Zip/Distance mode. I saw nothing out of line. It worked well. I'm on board! Thanks. Keep it up.

Oh, I would suggest one thing. If the search is a given area yeilds no results, maybe best, or at least optional, to not have that area come up at all. I had plenty of simply blank frames. Even so, I'm excited to see this develpment.
Thanks. Glad you like it! As for not showing cities with no results, unfortunately this isn't possible at present. See the FAQ, other threads, or I think even earlier in this thread for details. ;)

timber

Post by timber » Sat Jan 03, 2009 3:04 pm

your pop-ups are annoying!!

Bob From FLorida

Post by Bob From FLorida » Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:58 am

You done good! It worked great for me. Now can you add something that lets you check for just new items added since a imputed date? So then I can just check for new things since the last time I checked? Might as well ask for everything! Keep up the good work!

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:16 pm

Bob From FLorida wrote:You done good! It worked great for me. Now can you add something that lets you check for just new items added since a imputed date? So then I can just check for new things since the last time I checked? Might as well ask for everything! Keep up the good work!
Hi Bob,
I'd love to, but unfortunately I can't. See the FAQ for the details..
timber wrote:your pop-ups are annoying!!
Which pop-ups? The only pop-up I'm aware of is the one mentioning my other site, http://www.hankshelper.com, which only comes up if you search for cars, and which you have the option to hide forever...