Zip/Distance Mode

This is where I keep you updated on the latest and greatest stuff!
dave@sheepspeed.com

Re: Zip/Distance Mode

Post by dave@sheepspeed.com » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:32 am

I LOVE the new search feature. Works just fine for me...

The only possible thing that could make it better is to only show cities that actually have postings in them. But right now, I'm going to press the donate button.

Thanks :D

lefk3285

Re: Zip/Distance Mode

Post by lefk3285 » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:52 am

since u changed when I use I will be searching then all of a sudden the window just goes away. just says an error has ocurred and when I send the report to MS it closes out the window, doesn't do this on any other window I use, only when I use the window for the craigs helper. thanks Le

User avatar
Tempest Nathan
Site Admin
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Zip/Distance Mode

Post by Tempest Nathan » Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:49 am

lefk3285 wrote:since u changed when I use I will be searching then all of a sudden the window just goes away. just says an error has ocurred and when I send the report to MS it closes out the window, doesn't do this on any other window I use, only when I use the window for the craigs helper. thanks Le
Hmm.. that sounds like some sort of bug with your internet explorer browser. Are you using version 6 or 7? If 6, I'd suggest upgrading to 7 (or better, to Firefox. If 7, you could still upgrade to Firefox, or you could try using the 'reset' feature, under tools/internet options, in the advanced tab.

Ed

Re: Zip/Distance Mode

Post by Ed » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:30 pm

wild card searches do not work more any like 195* plymouth

User avatar
Tempest Nathan
Site Admin
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Zip/Distance Mode

Post by Tempest Nathan » Tue Nov 18, 2008 4:46 pm

Ed wrote:wild card searches do not work more any like 195* plymouth
This is a known issue due to craigslist upgrading their keywords-handling system. Hopefully it will be working soon, but unfortunately it's out of my hands. In the mean time, you can use the OR-search feature, although it's admittedly a bit of a pain for mimicking a true wildcard. IE: (1950,1951,1952,1953,1954,1955,1956,1957,1958,1959) plymouth

BPACH

Re: Zip/Distance Mode

Post by BPACH » Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:46 am

When searching with distance mode from 49307, Grand Rapids Michigan does not show up in the search.

User avatar
Tempest Nathan
Site Admin
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Zip/Distance Mode

Post by Tempest Nathan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:44 pm

BPACH wrote:When searching with distance mode from 49307, Grand Rapids Michigan does not show up in the search.
Aaand.. fixed. :)

bonehead

Re: Zip/Distance Mode

Post by bonehead » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:46 pm

(truck,pickup) (1960,1961,1962,1963,1964,1965,1966)
I have been using the search above for a month and now I get nothing in multiple states (florida, georgia). What happened? Help.

Do I have to write my search different now. Is this a Craigshelper issue or a craigslist issue?

thanks BH

User avatar
Tempest Nathan
Site Admin
Posts: 1371
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2008 10:06 pm
Contact:

Re: Zip/Distance Mode

Post by Tempest Nathan » Thu Nov 20, 2008 6:31 pm

bonehead wrote:(truck,pickup) (1960,1961,1962,1963,1964,1965,1966)
I have been using the search above for a month and now I get nothing in multiple states (florida, georgia). What happened? Help.

Do I have to write my search different now. Is this a Craigshelper issue or a craigslist issue?

thanks BH
This really doesn't have anything to do with the zip/distance mode...

My guess is that although you're doing an advanced search, you don't have the 'Advanced' button selected. Craigslist recently updated their keywords handling, and now the syntax is different. I added code so that you could keep entering them the same way on craigshelper and it would make the changes for you; however that will only happen if you choose Advanced...

mickey

complete phrase

Post by mickey » Sun Nov 23, 2008 6:21 pm

With this new format the "complete phrase" option does not work. It give you partials instead. Try searching for "model A ford". :cry:

Locked