New $100 Contest!

Archived. Please post suggestions to our new community page!
Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

New $100 Contest!

Post by Tempest Nathan » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:12 am

OK, the best poster contest is most certainly still on, but it's going to take a while to get to 1000 posts, so I figured I'd throw something else in for right now!

Here's the idea.. I often come across forum posts like this one. Now first off, that's awesome. I love it. :D However, it always strikes me that so many people use craigslist every day and have never even heard of CraigsHelper, which has been around for over 2 years now. Soooo.. put the two together, along with the fun of giving away money, and I got an idea! :idea:

Most of you probably belong to other forums. Through CraigsHelper, I've discovered there are forums for Everything.. cars, bbqs, sports, tv, gaming, er.. tractors... etc. So here's the deal. If you belong to a forum or forums where you think people might be interested in CraigsHelper, throw up a post like the one I linked to above. At the end of the month, the person who's posts have sent the most people to CraigsHelper will win $100. That simple. :)

Well.. almost. In order for me to track what comes from where, here's what you'll have to do. First, register for the forums here, if you haven't already. Second, when you post the link, post it like this:
http://www.craigshelper.com?i=yourusername (with all spaces and special characters removed). For example, I would link to http://www.craigshelper.com?i=craigshelpernathan.

And THAT's it. Just for fun, throw a reply up here if you're going to participate too. (And remember, if there're only a couple of posts down there, your chances are pretty good! ;)

PS: Oh, and I will check out where the traffic comes from, so no spamming or other evil techniques please. Just let people know what a cool thing we've got here! :D

OleTom

Re: New $100 Contest!

Post by OleTom » Thu Oct 02, 2008 3:43 pm

Hi Nathan,

I' m in I belong to a few forums it seems line there is allways a lot of guests but no one is posting except a few of us "It is more fun if we could get more opinions on things" or we will keep thinking we know it all :geek: :evil:

BTW: It would be nice if there was a link we could click to see how we are doing so we would know if we are wasting time on certain forums :)

JustMe

Post by JustMe » Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:57 am

I think if people do you this tool, the information gained will be invaluable. I would love to know what the most used keywords are what city and categories get the most traffic.

However, if you are in the business of posting ads, one has to think if craigshelper is apart of the craigslist list of phantom companies...

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:45 pm

Well Tom, you're looking good to win the hundred bucks so far!
Only thing is, I haven't gotten any traffic referred from you yet - did you post the link anywhere? I just want to make sure my tracking system's working..

teamhog

Post by teamhog » Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:10 pm

I love the tool and have been using it for a long time now. I've also been publishing it on just about every forum that's applicable to post. Great tool.

BTW, So when does the contest end?

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sun Oct 05, 2008 11:59 pm

Thanks! I know a lot of people have been getting the word out already, and I really appreciate it! :) Hopefully with this I can give back a bit. Feel free to go back to any old posts of yours that got interest and add the ?i=teamhog bit. Obviously only the new traffic will count, but it still might give a bit of a start. (Of course, I'd prefer you focus on new venues! ;) )
I said the contest would end after a month. To give as much time as possible for people to hear about it, I'm going to count that month from when the first record of someone coming through one of the links shows up in my logs. EDIT: And now they have, so it's on!

Cheers,
Nathan

PS: To everyone else, still only two entrants - chances are great! :D

OleTom

Post by OleTom » Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:16 pm

Craig's Helper Nathan wrote:Well Tom, you're looking good to win the hundred bucks so far!
Only thing is, I haven't gotten any traffic referred from you yet - did you post the link anywhere? I just want to make sure my tracking system's working..

Hi Nathan

http://www.jobhotsheets.com/forum/topic ... IC_ID=9088

http://wc4.worldcrossing.com/webx/.1deaae37

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion. ... =craftjobs

I know these sites and I had to get you some traffic from these posts so something is wrong with the tracking any way

Have a good day I'm Out ;)

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:42 pm

Don't worry - like I said above, it's working now (and has been for a while). You're in the lead so far, but Teamhog's close behind.

Still room for others though! If I get a few more people signed up, I'll run the contest again when this one's done too..

PA_Mom_of_5

Post by PA_Mom_of_5 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:21 pm

I've done some one on one referrals since most of the groups I belong to have rules governing tag lines. Those who have tried it (I know of 2 definately) are loving the site! :)

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:39 pm

Great! :)
Ya, I know the tag thing has some limitations.. This whole contest was just a bit of a fun experiment really, and that's the best way I could think of for tracking the results. The main thing was to get the word out there, however you can.. :D

Cheers,
Nathan