Results Changes

Archived. Please post suggestions to our new community page!
patchwork

Re: Results Changes

Post by patchwork » Mon May 14, 2012 10:44 am

Nathan,

I think you need to change the line "May 13 Update: New Results Format" to "Craigslist changed something. We're working on it." because people are not reading anything up there. The comments in here are terrible. Just READ a little more.

He is at the mercy of Craigslist. They change something and it affects this site.

Some in here know whats up and you are working on making searchtempest as good as Craigslist allows it to be. Keep it up!

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon May 14, 2012 12:09 pm

patchwork wrote:Nathan,

I think you need to change the line "May 13 Update: New Results Format" to "Craigslist changed something. We're working on it." because people are not reading anything up there. The comments in here are terrible. Just READ a little more.

He is at the mercy of Craigslist. They change something and it affects this site.

Some in here know whats up and you are working on making searchtempest as good as Craigslist allows it to be. Keep it up!
Ha, I may have to do that. I do hate to resort to red text though... ;) If I had the time I'd tweak the forums so they had something like
Craigslist made a change. We're working on it!
Please type the fourth and sixth words above to continue.
before you could post! :D Of course, I don't have time because I'm working hard on the actual site! I do admit that it boggles my mind when people look at the news bubble long enough to find the forum link, then get to this thread and post, all somehow without reading any of the information contained!

blank

Post by blank » Mon May 14, 2012 12:21 pm

PEOPLE READ THE FIRST POST BEFORE YOU POST. THIS IS CRAIGSLIST CAUSING THE PROBLEM NOT SEARCHTEMPEST

Nat- thank you for you dedication and time on this site. Can't wait till it is back up.

rleach

Post by rleach » Mon May 14, 2012 1:48 pm

Thanks so much for all the effort you put into this. I look for voice over jobs all over the country and Search Tempest has been a big help finding jobs and gear.

Red

Post by Red » Mon May 14, 2012 2:52 pm

digdug18 wrote:
Red wrote:First craiglook got shut down a year or two ago - it was the best (IMHO).

Found SearchTempest and now craigslist is screwing around w/it, sigh, :roll:

Completely agree. Craiglook shut down though because they received a cease and desist letter. Supposedly they were putting too much pressure on craigslist's end, and using too much bandwidth. They used java I'm told somehow.

I do wish you could recreate the settings that craiglook had, loved their search radius settings.
Ahhh another mourner for craiglook here. I just loved the whole layout and functionality overall, fantastic. :(

Yes I realize craiglook got shut down by legal action by craigslist, bastards, if they were smart they would have bought craiglook and integrated it into craigslist.

For all the people berating Nathan - STFU if you don't have a clue as you clearly don't because if you did you would THANK HIM for his efforts to get the site working as well as it was before craigslist screwed around with it. I hope he can do it and manage to stay under thier radar enough to not have the same fate befall SearchTempest as happened to craiglook.

THANK YOU Nathan!!

Red

Post by Red » Mon May 14, 2012 3:13 pm

BTW Nathan I cannot get the new beta mode to come up at all using your link on p.3 of this thread. It goes direct to direct mode. I did see it once, then went to direct mode and now no going back to beta. Is it broken? in=&-out? or do I have to clear cookies/history?

Red

Post by Red » Mon May 14, 2012 3:18 pm

Nevermind

Duh...........

I just needed to go back to display options and change the view, DOH!

I'll stick with direct mode for now, less convenient but the beta results are very lacking.

Again THANK YOU

Dino

Post by Dino » Mon May 14, 2012 3:28 pm

Good on you Nathan for working so hard for a fix. God Speed!

What I don't understand is why would CL care if other search engines helped people to better find items from their site? What harm is CL enduring?

BTW: They do it to ebay all the time.

Dennis Gauge

Post by Dennis Gauge » Mon May 14, 2012 3:43 pm

First off, if you're just tuning in, CRAIGSLIST made the change that broke Searchtempest.

Second off, you're complaining about a service you receive for FREE. Come on guys, get some perspective.

It sucks, but it is what it is. You're not paying for Craigslist or Searchtempest so you've got no business complaining or making demands.

snatchmn1

Post by snatchmn1 » Mon May 14, 2012 4:11 pm

Nathan, keep up the good work. You are appreciated and the site is one of the best for searches across all craigslists. Too bad craigslist people have to ruin a good program. Liked all things, it probably about revenue. Hopefully, this site can become what it once was...... :(