Results Changes

Archived. Please post suggestions to our new community page!
Hairy Pair

Re: Results Changes

Post by Hairy Pair » Sun May 13, 2012 9:15 pm

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Go back to what it was, i spent hours looking for stuff for sale, now, i just shake my head in disbelief, why fix what isnt broken. Ruined my tempest lurking since the launch, i hope this changes full circle, hopefully back to the orignal circle from which this came.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sun May 13, 2012 9:48 pm

Guys, please go back and read the original post... http://forums.searchtempest.com/viewtop ... f=10&t=823

Summary: craigslist made a change, breaking the original site. The next person who tells me "If it ain't broke don't fix it" gets minus 1,000,000 points. It was 'broke'.
The current google-powered results are a temporary stop-gap to get the site working again. We are working on alternatives, one of which I already made available to you back on page 3. More improvement will be coming just as fast as our fingers can hammer out the code.

Dan/Dastardly Dog Concessions

Post by Dan/Dastardly Dog Concessions » Sun May 13, 2012 10:07 pm

Hey- How bout' folks read what Nathan(The Genius that built ST) said at the top of this thread before berating the guy- CL has made changes, which has negatively affected ST- it's after 1am on Sunday and he just replied to my email- Obviously, he's working hard on it- Will and Cameopickup??, lighten up on the guy- "you broke it, Now Fix it"
Why don't you two meat heads build a better site?? ST is integral to my business and I've never paid a dime. Nathans' built an ass kicking deal that we have all benifitted from for a long time- Show the guy some respect

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sun May 13, 2012 10:26 pm

Ha, thanks. Indeed I am working hard! I don't blame people for being frustrated though. It's definitely frustrating having something you've come to rely on change suddenly. Unfortunately there's nothing I can do about that. What I can do is work with what I have and make it awesome as quickly as possible! Take a look back on page 3 for a preview of efforts so far...

Supertech

Post by Supertech » Mon May 14, 2012 5:22 am

I understand that change is good. Unfortunately this change really disappoints us who has been using this site for many years. Your search results outcome are much slower and inaccurate. I would hope you run your original program in parallel with the new.

I’m sure like others Craigslist fans, I’m searching for another site that is more user accurate and fast. Hope you get this cleaned up fairly soon before it too late.

digdug18

Post by digdug18 » Mon May 14, 2012 6:02 am

Red wrote:First craiglook got shut down a year or two ago - it was the best (IMHO).

Found SearchTempest and now craigslist is screwing around w/it, sigh, :roll:

Completely agree. Craiglook shut down though because they received a cease and desist letter. Supposedly they were putting too much pressure on craigslist's end, and using too much bandwidth. They used java I'm told somehow.

I do wish you could recreate the settings that craiglook had, loved their search radius settings.

londy2

Post by londy2 » Mon May 14, 2012 7:44 am

oh , cant wait for u to get it back to normal, i use ur site about 3 hrs each day , and love it !

wgbrobotman@aol.com

Post by wgbrobotman@aol.com » Mon May 14, 2012 9:26 am

I have enjoyed this site for probably 2 years. I visited it 5 or 6 times daily. I find the site recently "SLOW" and "NOT" user friendly. I hope you guy's put it back the way it was. Thank you for your time.

estmike

Post by estmike » Mon May 14, 2012 9:43 am

Just wanted to leave some feed back on the changes. Its still unusable for me. The reseults per city are not in order, and there are tons of expired posting mixed in. Additionally, it has missed most of the current postings for a particular city. Hope you get it fixed. It was a great tool prior to the changes recently.

Darren

Post by Darren » Mon May 14, 2012 9:43 am

I signed up for the forum JUST for this one post.

Please return ST to how it was in the past. I went to use your site, like i do about every other day, and it basically seems RUINED from past use.

I'll check back in a few days, until then, this site isn't useful.