Useless Search

Archived. Please post suggestions to our new community page!
reb68

Useless Search

Post by reb68 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:13 am

I have been searching using location and price. This is now a waste of time as Tempest Craig has been flooded with a Commercial seller that has multiple identical ads without a price in a location that would eliminate them from my search. Instead of getting the item and price I am searching for I get many ads to try to sort because tempest does not sort them out. They are not in the local listed but will ship to it. They do not have anything in the price range but conceal that by not listing a price except in the block ad. This is not picked up by Tempest. Can you not weed them out. They are wrecking the whole purpose of using the the search. Look at a search for "Enclosed Cargo Trailers". I might as well just search Ebay although Tempest was much better in the past.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Useless Search

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:04 pm

Are you entering both a minimum and maximum price? If you do so, only ads with valid prices in that range should be returned. Be sure to use the default 'Craigs Results' tab on the results page though, as it filters prices much better than the Google-powered 'All Cities Together' mode.