selecting a date range for a search

Archived. Please post suggestions to our new community page!
corvairbob

selecting a date range for a search

Post by corvairbob » Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:18 am

is there anyway to make this program with a date field so when you search for an item you can plug in a date to search after and that way you don't have to look at the same items over and over and over and over and over and over. well you get the point! say plug in march 25 and it will look for items on or after that day. this way you can look for the newer adds the ones that are new and you have not seen 10 times already. thanks bp

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: selecting a date range for a search

Post by Tempest Nathan » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:04 pm

Please see here: http://www.searchtempest.com/faq.php#date

Another trick that helps some folks is to always click on the top ad in each city, whether they're interested in it or not. Then next time they search that ad will be highlighted (purple), so they know not to look further.

Finally, I am planning to add a date filter to the All Cities Together mode. That's possible because it's powered by Google. It will likely have the following options: past day, past 3 days, past week, past month.

kayl

Post by kayl » Mon May 09, 2011 6:06 am

I'm glad I checked the forum FIRST before I made my suggestion. I agree; a date range would really help; I'd like to see that feature. Yes, it gets tiring to see the same old ads all the time. If you're looking for a particularly hot item, you know that it's no good to check any farther back than say, a week or a month.

Using the google reader feed does help b/c you can have it "mark all as read" and will not get the same old things in the feed.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon May 09, 2011 3:14 pm

Good point. Setting up feeds (using the Get Feeds link at the top-right of the results page) is another good option if you often run the same search and are interested in easily picking out new results.