Do not automatically return Ebay results

Archived. Please post suggestions to our new community page!
timberwolf96

Do not automatically return Ebay results

Post by timberwolf96 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:13 am

No one really likes Ebay anymore. It's policies and procedures suck beyond measure and it is one of the best examples of how NOT to listen to your users.

The REASON I use Craigslist is to get AWAY from Ebay. Don't make me check a box to get rid of Ebay results. If you MUST have Ebay as an option, make it an option you have to opt into not one that is forced on you by default.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Do not automatically return Ebay results

Post by Tempest Nathan » Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:06 pm

Actually, the majority of Searchtempest users do use eBay... don't assume that because you don't, no one does. ;) That's the main reason why it's checked by default. However, if you don't want it, all you have to do is uncheck the box and Searchtempest will remember your choice as long as you're on the same computer. (If it's not doing that, let me know and I'll help you fix it.)

~daniel

Post by ~daniel » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:48 pm

This is another situation where, like some other users commented, a user account would be useful. Then Timberwolf96 could opt-out once and be done, regardless of which computer he uses.

I remember reading that devs are working on that functionality though.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:13 pm

~daniel wrote:This is another situation where, like some other users commented, a user account would be useful. Then Timberwolf96 could opt-out once and be done, regardless of which computer he uses.

I remember reading that devs are working on that functionality though.
Dev singular, but yes, that is planned. :)