SearchTempest with an iPad?

Archived. Please post suggestions to our new community page!
2gofast

SearchTempest with an iPad?

Post by 2gofast » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:09 pm

While at work, I have come to like searching craigslist with SearchTempest, but at home I am using a 3G iPad to do my searches. Am I missing something or is there no "good way" to use SearchTempest on an iPad?

When I try to scroll down inside the results box, the iPad scrolls the entire page so I am forced to open another page to try to view the search results. I figured there must be something I am doing wrong, but a search here brings up "no results" when searching the forums for iPad?

Please advise.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: SearchTempest with an iPad?

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Hmm, ya, you're the first to ask about iPads. It works fine in my iPhone 3GS, so I had assumed the iPad would be the same. Apple's mobileSafari browser is a bit weird though - it automatically expands the contents of iframes (the craigslist cities) so you don't have to scroll inside them. So on searchtempest you end up with really big cities, and you just scroll the whole page. Is that what you're seeing? Or is it not enlarging the cities, but you can't scroll inside them either? That would be less than ideal...

2gofast

Post by 2gofast » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:49 pm

My browser does not expand the cities, and the scrollbar is missing from the right side of both the outside full page, (which is no problem because you can use the iPad scroll feature), but the scrollbar is also missing from the cities box, which means there is no way to view more than the first few returns.

If I expand the cities box, it opens a new page and loads the complete cities search results which can then be scrolled with the iPad scroll feature......so the program is usable, just means having a few more pages open.

Keep in mind,we must REALLY like your program or we wouldn't be trying to help you make it better..... :D

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:07 am

Alright.. I'll have to try and get ahold of an iPad to test it. Want to send me yours? :D

Walthour

Post by Walthour » Sat May 07, 2011 12:42 am

2gofast wrote:My browser does not expand the cities,ipad 2 cases and the scrollbar is missing from the right side of both the outside full page, ipad cases leather(which is no problem because you can use the iPad scroll feature), but the scrollbar is also missing from the cities box, which means there is no way to view more than the first few returns.

If I expand the cities box, it opens a new pageiPad2 cases and loads the complete cities search results which can then be scrolled with the iPad scroll feature......so the program is usable, just means having a few more pages open.

Keep in mind,we must REALLY like your program or we wouldn't be trying to help you make it better..... :D
it automatically expands the contents of iframes (the craigslist cities) so you don't have to scroll inside them. So on searchtempest you end up with really big cities, and you just scroll the whole page. Is that what you're seeing? Or is it not enlarging the cities, but you can't scroll inside them either? That would be less than ideal...

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sat May 07, 2011 1:12 am

Walthour wrote:it automatically expands the contents of iframes (the craigslist cities) so you don't have to scroll inside them. So on searchtempest you end up with really big cities, and you just scroll the whole page.
That's what it's supposed to do, and what I've found in any of my testing. (It's a work-around because there's no way to scroll inside a frame on an iPad.) This is the behavior you're seeing on your iPad?