Email me when new search found

Archived. Please post suggestions to our new community page!
boostit

Email me when new search found

Post by boostit » Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:32 pm

I spent 3 weeks looking for a specific item scrolling thru the same data base nationally . It wore me out . I took a week off . Then started trying again and what i wanted was already sold and it was close to me. #@$% .Ebay has a search that will email you when new item found Can search tempest do that? Thanks

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Email me when new search found

Post by Tempest Nathan » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:56 pm

boostit wrote:I spent 3 weeks looking for a specific item scrolling thru the same data base nationally . It wore me out . I took a week off . Then started trying again and what i wanted was already sold and it was close to me. #@$% .Ebay has a search that will email you when new item found Can search tempest do that? Thanks
Not email, but you can set up RSS feeds, which will accomplish the same thing for you. Try running a search on SearchTempest, then clicking the orange RSS button. It will take a few minutes to set up, but I've provided very detailed instructions, so it shouldn't be a problem even if you haven't used RSS before. Let me know if you have any problems.

z4lover

Post by z4lover » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:37 pm

boostit wrote:I spent 3 weeks looking for a specific item scrolling thru the same data base nationally . It wore me out
+1. Please add Email Alerts. I don't think there are many people around who use RSS, though everybody has an email address :-)

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:11 pm

z4lover wrote:+1. Please add Email Alerts. I don't think there are many people around who use RSS, though everybody has an email address :-)

*edited your post to remove ads for the competition ;)
Maybe people don't use RSS *yet*, but nothing's stopping them. It's free and fairly easy to set up, and works a lot better for alerts of this sort. That's what it's designed for, after all. Give it a try. Besides, even if I wanted to, I couldn't offer email alerts, because Searchtempest respects craigslist's rights by not scraping their content. Since they don't offer email alerts, neither can I.

PS: I've got an '03 Z4 3.0i myself, and I also love them :D

corvairbob

Post by corvairbob » Sun May 22, 2011 6:52 am

Nathan i tried to use your setup instructions and they did not work for me. i don't use the rss feed at all and when i did go to it i just did not understand the section at all. an email alert would sure work for me as well. even yahoo groups has this feature. thanks bob p.