search for: drop down box

Archived. Please post suggestions to our new community page!
max

search for: drop down box

Post by max » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:42 am

First I think searchtempest is a huge help and time saver. Is their any way you can increase how many search terms are stored in the search for: drop down box beyond 10. Thanks

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: search for: drop down box

Post by Tempest Nathan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 7:29 pm

max wrote:First I think searchtempest is a huge help and time saver. Is their any way you can increase how many search terms are stored in the search for: drop down box beyond 10. Thanks
If you want to store more than 10 searches, the best thing to do is to use browser bookmarks. Basically create a folder in your bookmarks (or favorites in IE, but don't use IE..) Then run your search as usual, and bookmark the *results* page. (Put it in the new folder to keep things organized.) Do that for each search you want to save. Then when you pull up that bookmark, it'll take you straight to the latest result for that search, with no need to even go through the searchtempest homepage.

Does that do what you need?

max

Post by max » Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:08 am

That will work. Thanks

max

Post by max » Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:51 pm

Thanks for increasing drop box to 21...that's perfect

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 2:10 am

max wrote:Thanks for increasing drop box to 21...that's perfect
I did what now?

max

Post by max » Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:55 pm

If you backspace over a stored search term to erase it a drop down box appears which has 21 stored search terms. Maybe it's a glitch in the code or perhaps firefox is overlaying previous search terms. But it works for me.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:14 pm

max wrote:If you backspace over a stored search term to erase it a drop down box appears which has 21 stored search terms. Maybe it's a glitch in the code or perhaps firefox is overlaying previous search terms. But it works for me.
Ah yes, that's a firefox thing. Problem is it will only update the keywords, not categories, prices, etc, etc. It's also confusing since it can appear at the same time as my dropdown. In the new design I'm working on now (screenshot in a few days!) the whole previous searches thing will be separated from keywords and improved. I will make the list longer then too. (Although as I said above, bookmarking searches will save time and let you save as many as you want.)

max

Post by max » Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:34 am

Yes you are correct the firefox box is overlaid on top of the hard coded drop down box. I have my searches bookmarked so I'm good to go. I can't tell you how much time searchtempest is saving me. Thanks