Search with date filter

Archived. Please post suggestions to our new community page!
origfla

Search with date filter

Post by origfla » Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:49 am

Awesome tool! - I hate that craigslist doesn't offer this stock-standard, but that's a completely different rant :) :mrgreen:

What I would love to see is just like the searches are capable of being filtered by city, to have them able to be filtered by posting-date... the results are not always even close to being in "most recent first" order and a lot of time is spent when doing daily repetitive searches and not knowing if I've already seen an ad or if there are ads later on on the list that are more recent than the ones above them.

Thanks!

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Search with date filter

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:03 pm

Glad you like it!

I'm not sure what you mean about the results not being 'most recent first'. Within each city they certainly should be. Or are you using the new google-powered single list mode? In that case all the results should be filtered by date, but it isn't perfect. The sorting is based on the order in which they were indexed by google, which should be very close to, but not exactly the same as, the posting date.

If you send me the URL of your searchtempest results page I can look into it in more detail.

tigerdude77

Post by tigerdude77 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:25 pm

I think I'm saying the SAME thing - but here goes.

I would like to have a filter box - similar to the min-max range for $$$ - that would allow the results to only appear in the event that the posting date of the ad is in that specified range. Leaving the END-DATE blank would default to TODAY.

Ex. entering 03/01/10 and 03/12/10 would only return those ads with a posting date in that range. Entering 03/01/10 with no END-DATE would return all ads for March 01, 2010 or later.

Basically, this allows me to only examine ads that have been posted since the date of my choice.

Good idea. I was going to suggest this - but I think this request is the same idea that I had. Maybe just stated a little differently?

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Wed Mar 17, 2010 11:33 am

tigerdude77 wrote:I think I'm saying the SAME thing - but here goes.

I would like to have a filter box - similar to the min-max range for $$$ - that would allow the results to only appear in the event that the posting date of the ad is in that specified range. Leaving the END-DATE blank would default to TODAY.

Ex. entering 03/01/10 and 03/12/10 would only return those ads with a posting date in that range. Entering 03/01/10 with no END-DATE would return all ads for March 01, 2010 or later.

Basically, this allows me to only examine ads that have been posted since the date of my choice.

Good idea. I was going to suggest this - but I think this request is the same idea that I had. Maybe just stated a little differently?
I'd love to do that, but unfortunately it's not as easy as it would seem. Take a look at the frequently asked questions page here. It should explain things, but feel free to write again if you have questions.