Search shows wrong models

Archived. Please post suggestions to our new community page!
beomadman

Search shows wrong models

Post by beomadman » Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:22 pm

I did a search for a 2009 BMW 335i and it brought up all kinds of other models of BMWs that are 2009 but not the 335i (X5, Z4, etc.)

Would be nice to have it weed out the other models and only show the model you specify in your search.
If I search for a specific model I should only get those results, not other models with the same year.

Anybody else run into this?

Fixing this would be a HUGE improvement on the search engine. If I'm looking for a specific model of car it would be nice if only that model showed up in the search results.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Search shows wrong models

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:31 pm

From the phrasing of your question, I assume you're talking about hankshelper.com, not searchtempest.com? I'm also assuming it's specifically the eBay tab of Hankshelper.com that you're having a problem with. Is that correct?

The problem is that eBay does not list the 335i as a separate model - it lumps all the 3-series models together. That's why only Autotrader and and Craigslist show up under the 'Listed at' tab at the right of the screen when you select 335i. If you choose '3-series' from the model list you'll get all 3-series models, but the only way to limit ebay to 335i at present is to put it in the keywords field.

I'll look into possibilities for improving this. For now though, I'd suggest searching for '3-series' and if you like, putting 335i in your keywords.

If I've misunderstood the problem, please feel free to write again and let me know!