What happened to stacked mode

Archived. Please post suggestions to our new community page!
1flyinz

What happened to stacked mode

Post by 1flyinz » Sat May 16, 2009 8:22 pm

This was the best view because it allowe you to really look though cities fast. Is it still available and I'm just not seeing it?

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: What happened to stacked mode

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sun May 17, 2009 11:21 am

Yes, the terminology has just changed a bit. I added a thing in the options where you could choose how many cities to show on each page, rather than always having 10. However, I realized that that meant there was no need for a separate 'single frame' mode, since you could just move the number of cities slider to 1. Therefore stacked and single mode have been combined into 'Inline' mode.

You should see all the options you need in the Options box (link at the top-right of the main or results page), under the 'Results' tab.

(That's another recent improvement - previously you could only access that tab from the results page! :))

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sun May 17, 2009 12:47 pm

Although, now that I think about it, that's not very intuitive - I'm going to add the separate option for single-frame mode back in.

1flyinz

Post by 1flyinz » Sun May 17, 2009 2:41 pm

ok..I tried doing the one city trick and thats the view thats easiest for me. I just can hit next and each city ctcles through with no scrolling.

Thanks for the site...it rocks!!

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sun May 17, 2009 3:38 pm

1flyinz wrote:ok..I tried doing the one city trick and thats the view thats easiest for me. I just can hit next and each city ctcles through with no scrolling.

Thanks for the site...it rocks!!
:) Glad you like it.

And ya, that's why I have the two modes available - it really depends on what you're searching for and personal preference as far as which is better.