Few LOCAL results found. Here are some from NEARBY areas...

Archived. Please post suggestions to our new community page!
ncranchero

Few LOCAL results found. Here are some from NEARBY areas...

Post by ncranchero » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:34 am

Please make this an option. It gets old seeing the same ads in each city frame when searching by distance. :evil: Some folks may like it but I'm sure there are a lot that don't. I may just go back to using the CL site.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Few LOCAL results found. Here are some from NEARBY areas...

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:16 am

ncranchero wrote:Please make this an option. It gets old seeing the same ads in each city frame when searching by distance. :evil: Some folks may like it but I'm sure there are a lot that don't. I may just go back to using the CL site.
You'll find the same thing there. The new 'feature' you're referring to is provided by craigslist, not Searchtempest. They're just testing it in a few cities at the moment, and they haven't given a way to turn it off. As soon as they do, so will I...

ncranchero

Post by ncranchero » Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:54 pm

Must have been added since I began using CraigsHelper. I didn't used to be there. Guess I'll complain there, not that it will be heard.

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:01 pm

ncranchero wrote:Must have been added since I began using CraigsHelper. I didn't used to be there. Guess I'll complain there, not that it will be heard.
Ya, they just started testing it out a few days ago. If you scroll to the bottom of one of the cities where they're doing it, there's a link to give feedback. Since they're specifically asking for it, maybe they'll listen. Probably the best bet would be to ask them to make it optional; that seems to be what most people are asking for.