add search by these fields?

Archived. Please post suggestions to our new community page!
jfh0jfh

add search by these fields?

Post by jfh0jfh » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:01 pm

Why not allow search on the main ST page by some of the CL field names eg. below. If I want to search on "transmission type = manual" I have to do a blank search and then search again in each city.

And why do I have to login and create a new thread for this. Just have a tech-suggestions section where people can drop comments. I've no interest in discussing this further. If you like it and want to do it, cool; if not, I'm sure you have your reasons

2002 Jaguar X-type odometer: 74410 paint color : red type : sedan fuel : gas transmission : manual title status : clean

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: add search by these fields?

Post by Tempest Nathan » Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:30 pm

Hi,

We are planning to support as many of the new fields as possible; just haven't had a chance to add them yet. It's a bit trickier than it seems, because as much as possible we would like to support them in the Google-powered default mode, as well as in Direct Results.

As far as your other question, you can actually email us directly instead of logging in here, if you prefer: http://www.searchtempest.com/contact (link is in the footer at www.searchtempest.com). We did try a uservoice page for a while, but so few people used it, we eventually stopped linking to it. (This forum has been around for years, before other options like uservoice and getsatisfaction existed.) We may try one of those again in the future though. We're actually planning a revamp of our whole help/FAQ/feedback setup fairly soon, since we realize it is somewhat clunky.

And I totally agree that having to log in to the forum is annoying. I would really like to allow guest posts, but unfortunately turning off registration results in a truly massive amount of spam, even with filters enabled. It's just more than we have time to sort through if we want to get anything else done!