Old AutoTempest gives better results

Archived. Please post suggestions to our new community page!
teapot2014

Old AutoTempest gives better results

Post by teapot2014 » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:56 am

I 'm not sure that I like the new format, it seems that I get fewer results with the new AutoTempest. I ran a search and received hits from only EBay, Oodle, and "AutoTempest". I did have the options for all sites selected. Switching to the older format, I found more results. Additionally, I could go into Cars.com and select additional site specific filters, which made it easier to narrow down choices. The new version does not bring up any results from Cars.com at all.

Keeping the lists separate works better and allows for more flexibility, I will probably not use the new site for auto shopping once the old one goes, I will just use SearchTempest for Craigslist searches.

Vin

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: Old AutoTempest gives better results

Post by Tempest Nathan » Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:58 am

Hi Vin,

The new version actually does bring up cars.com results, but they're included in the Oodle results. We're working to get them marked as 'from cars.com' though, so you can identify them. We are also working on adding an option to view each list separately (although in a new format that will be friendlier for mobile devices than the tabs). Should have it available within a few weeks. Until then, the old site will remain available!

Thanks for the feedback!