IPHONE & SMART PHONE APPLICATION

Archived. Please post suggestions to our new community page!
robbdny

IPHONE & SMART PHONE APPLICATION

Post by robbdny » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:44 am

Hi Everyone,
I know this question has been asked and I am sorry for not doing more research. Are there any plans to make an IPHONE Search Tempest application in the near future; like tomorrow? I would use it all of the time, its difficult using the full version on a little Iphone.

Maybe if anyone that thinks its a good Idea can just post a little something on the post I started.

Thanks Again For An Awesome Page
Robb

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Re: IPHONE & SMART PHONE APPLICATION

Post by Tempest Nathan » Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:00 am

We are definitely planning to redesign the site so it works better on phones. That's a top priority; we just have a small team so everything takes time. A phone-friendly version of AutoTempest will be first, and should be done by November. Then we'll switch to SearchTempest and hopefully that one will follow not too long after. The plan is to have the main sites adapt to the device, so a separate app shouldn't be needed.

St1ngR

Post by St1ngR » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:15 am

Hi guys,

In my experience 50% of the time apps seem to make a major blunder with their updates, taking a step back rather than forward (Google Maps, Facebook, Chrome etc...) I really don't want Searchtempest to end up like that. Therefore minor updates are fine but please nothing major. Also, a phone app would be awesome, I currently have to pull up the full website on my phone which is kind of hard and kills battery. Something user friendly in the app form would be nice. Thanks!!

Tempest Nathan
Site Admin

Post by Tempest Nathan » Sun Nov 30, 2014 3:11 pm

We are definitely going to make every effort to preserve the good parts of the existing site, while continuing to improve. We're very much against the idea of change just for the sake of change; any changes we make will have specific goals with regard to improving user experience. Obviously it's never possible to make everyone happy, but we'll do our best.

Also obviously the AutoTempest redesign I mentioned above ended up taking longer than expected - we're just finishing it up now - so it will be some time before we have significant updates to SearchTempest.